ELT MAKER NIGHT BROWNIES1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 squares chocolate, melted (6 tablespoons cocoa & 1 tablespoon butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour
Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs and vanilla. Add sifted flour and chocolate. If you like nuts or other stuff, put them in. Bake in greased 8" x 8" pan @ 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Based on Best Brownies in America
- Convert all non-metrics to metrics using... mathematics.
- Butter firmness is an issue, I hope someone has a way to measure this in the future Randall Munroe I may need to call on you.
- Get a glass baking pan. The size does matter because the stuff should stack up about 2 cms or 3/4 inch at least.
- They don't pop out well. So bring them in the glass pan. I wrapped mine in a clean tea towel and then stuck it in a puzzle box. You might bring a knife or spatula.
- If you like them chewy, keep them covered as they cool- and let them cool. That's going to be like... an hour... at least.
Recipes for ELTea welcome.
(If I go to IATEFL and see someone selling ELTeacups... )